- Auchterarder, Scotland
Alexander House Auchterarder
Alexander House in Auchterarder, Scotland – Holiday House with swimming pool, hot tub & games room, Exclusive use wedding & hen party venue, glorious glamping
It’s a challenge to summarise this fabulous retreat because Alexander House has so much to offer and ticks so many boxes. Alexander House is set high on the side of the Perthshire Hills, with stunning views overlooking Gleneagles, across to the Sidlaw Hills in the West, Perth and the Highlands to the East, and North across Auchterarder. This is a fabulous and established retreat within beautifully kept grounds, specialising as a dog friendly haven for an exclusive use wedding venue, hen party venue, a self catering or catered (you can book a private chef) holiday home able to sleep 24 guests and now a luxury glamping retreat perfect for both romantic couples and families. Guests staying will be able to relax and enjoy the fantastic grounds, views and space at Alexander House.
The owner Jo is experienced, relaxed and flexible and she will ensure that your retreat here is wonderful, whether you’re gathering the hens together, enjoying a multigenerational family holiday or celebrating your own wedding at Alexander House. We’ve pulled together the key headliners for Alexander House and encourage you to visit their website through the book button to find out more about this wonderful set up in Auchterarder, just an hour’s journey from both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Alexander House – the holiday home
Alexander House – Sleeps 24 in 9/10 bedrooms with an East and West wing. The wings can be booked together or separately. Dog friendly Alexander House has three floors with a modern facilities and well equipped kitchen, several large reception rooms and a beautiful dining room, ideal for entertaining with a circular dining table able to sit 16 guests. The house is beautifully furnished with a classic style. Bedrooms have plenty of space, the majority with an en suite bathroom and there are a selection of double bed, twin bed and more layouts with 9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and additional separate shower room downstairs.
- The East Wing – Sleeps 14 or 18, outdoor swimming pool open from April to October
- The West Wing – Sleeps 10
- Indoor & Outdoor hot tubs, the indoor hot tub even has it’s own Turret
- Outdoor heated swimming pool open from April to October
- Games room
- Gardens & children’s play areas
- Dog friendly
- Childrens play areas
- Starlink wifi
- Private parking
Exclusive use wedding venue
You can take over this unique and totally private house surrounded by enchanting grounds for your own excusive wedding venue with a choice of an indoor or outdoor ceremony with fabulous views across Scotland.
- Ceremony space for 80
- Receptions for 120
- Onsite accommodation for 30
- Additional camping space
- Dog friendly
- Photo spots with glorious views
- Outdoor ceremonies
- Glorious views
- Private parking
Glorious glamping at Alexander House
- Lorries Juniper & Thistle, perfect for dog friendly families and able to sleep 4
- Romantic yurts Heather & Bramble for a couples retreat (closed during winter months)
- Ensuite bathrooms – master suite bathroom has oval bath
- Wood fired hot tub for each retreat
- Spectacular views
- Dog friendly
Alexander House will look after you
If you are planning a Hen Weekend, Family Gathering or Corporate Away Day, Alexander House have thought of everything and you can choose from a list of ‘extras’ to make your stay at Alexander House a little more spoiling and can provide:
- Private Chefs
- Onsite activities from archery, cocktail making, bushcraft and wildlife adventures.
- Onsite Spa Pampering
Getting to Alexander House
Alexander House is easy to get to with Glasgow and Edinburgh both a one hour drive or train journey.
Local towns Stirling, Perth, Crieff and Aberfeldy are all a 20 minute drive or less to get to.
- Perth Races
- Castles – Stirling – 25 mins drive away, Doune – 20 mins drive away, Blair Atholl – 45 mins away, Scone Palace, Perth – 20 mins away, Glamis Castle not too far away
- Drummond Castle Gardens – 15 mins drive away.
- A choice of whisky and gin tasting nearby with the the Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, Scotland’s oldest distillery
- So many golf courses to visit, we counted 18 on Alexander House’s website, for starters try Gleneagles, St Andrews or Strathmore
- Chocolate making at Highland Chocolatier in Crieff
Alexander House is perfect for:
- A totally private wedding venue
- Bespoke Hen Parties
- Glorious glamping
- Dog friendly anything
- Multigenerational Stays
- Groups of families and friends wanting to holiday together